Sports massage is a term used for a deep remedial massage, and is not just for people involved in sports.
Sports massage treatments can be based around problem areas and/or an injury to enhance rehabilitation by helping to improve circulation, assisting removal of waste products and to decrease muscle tension when needed.
However, it can be used for general relaxation purposes to remove those niggling aches and pains.
What tissues can be treated?
Massage is used to manage, manipulate and rehabilitate soft tissues of muscles, ligaments and tendons, and can be combined with soft tissue techniques to increase muscle flexibility and joint mobility. Our sports massage is tailored to suit your needs and to enhance your ability to perform.
Conditions that can benefit include:
- Postural imbalances
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Spinal problems/headaches
- Sporting injuries or prevention
- Occupational health related conditions
- General maintenance of musculoskeletal pain
- Training for a sporting event or have just completed one